Our website address is: https://www.sytexuk.co.uk.
We (SYTEX UK LTD) are committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information given to us by our clients.
Any information submitted to SYTEX UK LTD is protected by The Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2018.
Definitions and Interpretation
Meanings of phrases within this document:
- Data – Any information that a user of the website provides to us, through our “Contact” page, or through emailing us relating to any person who can be directly or indirectly identified from that information.
- We/Us/Our – We operate as SYTEX UK LTD – company number 06677774 and VAT number 9707440 10.
- You/Your – A user of the website and of our services
- The Website –sytexuk.co.uk
If you have any questions about the website or the use of your data, please contact us at:
- Email: email@example.com
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT? HOW DO WE USE IT?
You can visit us on the World Wide Web without telling us who you are or revealing any information about yourself, including your e-mail address. In this case, our Web servers collect the name of the domain you used to access the Internet (such as aol.com), which pages on our Site are visited (and when they are visited), Internet browser type and platform, the link that brought you to our Site, and any links clicked within our Site. This information is used by us and our business partners to measure the number of visits, average time spent, page views, and other statistics about visitors to our Website in general. We also use this data to monitor site performance and to make the site easier and more convenient to use. None of this information can be used by us to identify you.
Personal Information Collection
There are times when we may ask you for information about yourself to assist us in meeting your various needs, including:
- Providing you with products or services you have requested
- Servicing your account
- Improving our services
- Developing and/or informing you of additional products or services that may be of interest
In these cases, your browsing will no longer be anonymous to us. To provide these services, we may need to ask you directly to provide, among other things, your name, address, post code, e-mail address, phone number and certain financial information about your order.
Also, you may elect to apply online for one of our products or services, which may require us to gather additional information to determine your eligibility for such products or services.
Please note that we do not knowingly solicit information from children under 18 years of age and we do not knowingly market our products or services to such children. As a result, children under 18 years of age should not use this Site.
Cookies are small pieces of data stored by your Internet browser on your computer’s hard drive. If you are browsing, a cookie is used to help us measure the number of visits, average time spent, page views, and other statistics relating to our Website.
Cookies cannot be used to get data from your hard drive, get your e-mail address or personally identifiable information about you. You may set your Internet browser to notify you when you receive a cookie or to prevent cookies from being sent. Please note, however, that by not accepting cookies, you will limit the functionality we can provide you when you visit our site and may prevent you from accessing products and services we offer.
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
E-MAIL COMMUNICATION AND ONLINE SURVEYS
Occasionally, we will send you e-mail communications with information, which may be useful to you, including information about our products and services or about offerings from affiliates or third parties. When you first provide us with your e-mail address, you will be given the option of not receiving any such e-mail or other marketing contacts if you choose. We will also include instructions in our e-mail messages on how to unsubscribe if you later decide you do not want to receive any future e-mails or other marketing contacts from us or other third parties.
At times, we conduct online surveys to better understand the needs, profiles, and experience of our visitors. Your will be given the option of not participating in such surveys.
HOW IS YOUR INFORMATION SECURED AND PROTECTED?
At www.sytexuk.co.uk, our goal is to protect your personal information submitted to us through this site. E-mail communication is not suitable for confidential information; please do not send us any confidential details by email.
Your data will only be stored in the EU (UK) in line with all GDPR requirements.
Using Your Information
Where we hold any personal information, it will be processed and stored securely, for no longer than is necessary, considering the reason it was provided to us.
We will potentially –
- Reply to your email;
- Provide details on the products requested, plus any others we think may interest you;
- Offer or provide you with the services requested, plus any others we think may interest you;
- Use various forms of communication including letter, telephone call and SMS
We will delete your personal information once your request has been met or the service has been provided, except where –
- You were interested in details of our products we are offering, when we will continue to hold your information in order to send you information on other products that may interest you;
- You become a client or a buyer of our products;
- You require us to retain it for longer;
- We are required to retain it for longer for other legal reasons.
You have the right to withdraw your consent to us using your data and to request that we delete it as detailed below.
Sharing Your Information With Third-party Service Providers
We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own or other purposes.
We only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes in accordance with our legitimate business interest and on our instructions or with our agreement.
As a user you have the following rights –
- A right to be informed about our collection and use of personal information;
- A right of access to the personal information we hold about you;
- A right to rectification if any personal information we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete;
- A right to ask us to delete any personal information held about you unless we are obliged to retain the information for other legal reasons;
- A right to restrict or prevent the processing of your personal information;
- A right to data portability (obtaining a copy of your data to re-use with another service or organisation);
- A right to object to the use of your data for particular purposes.
Contacting Us to Exercise Your Data Protection Rights
To exercise any of your rights including preventing disclosure of this information to unaffiliated third parties (except as necessary to fulfil your requests, or as required by law) e-mailing us at (use the subject line “DISCLOSURE OPT-OUT” and include your name, physical address, and e-mail address) or by calling us, if you so choose.
What Does This Policy Cover?
This website (www.sytexuk.co.uk) is owned and operated by SYTEX UK LTD a trading company. ‘SYTEX UK LTD’ is a trading name of SYTEX UK LTD with number 06677774 & VAT number 9707440 10.
If you have any cause for complaint about our use of your personal data, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
We will address your concerns and attempt to solve the problem to your satisfaction.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
For further information about your rights, please contact the Information Commissioner’s Office, or your local Citizens Advice Bureau.